Wednesday 18 April 2012

Summer Dress Making





























The summer dress making adventure has begun.

I have pretty much given up shopping because the clothes I want to wear are not in the shops. There are some brands I love...like THIS, and THIS...and THIS. But there is often something that prevents me from having them such as size, or price...or location. I like obscure stuff and it's not always easy to just pop out and buy it. And to be honest, I just want something simple, flattering, different...and I don't want to spend any time worrying about what I'm going to wear.

So, some time ago I figured out what style and cut suits my shape and I designed a few dresses, cut and perfected the patterns, and I recreate these dresses each year. It may seem boring but there is a reason why I do this. I'm too busy thinking about art and creating things and smelling flowers, and watching birds, reading, dreaming up ideas, and planning my next project to worry about what to wear. I choose to spend my energy in other ways. Simplicity is key to me...so a closet full of similar dresses and a few colorful cardigans, black leggings and my FitFlops is all I need.

Oh, and how could I forget? The flowers...always flowers somewhere on my body :-)

Love and Light

x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...